Time for some more recipes. The Liver Reduction Diet can be something of a really tough experience given that your allowance is 800 calories per day. However, courtesy of the lovely Vanessa, one of Calderdale’s dietitians, here are a few ideas to help.
BOLOGNESE RECIPE (Makes 4 portions)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove (extra if you really like garlic)
- 1 small diced carrot
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 113g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 227ml/8fl oz stock
- A pinch of dried chilli powder
- 283g/10oz extra lean minced beef (or Quorn mince)
- 1 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes or passata
- 4 level tbs tomato purée
- 1tbs chopped fresh oregano or mixed herbs
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt and pepper
Fry chopped garlic and onion using a low calorie oil spray, unti they are soft.
Add the minced beef/Quorn and allow to brown.
Then add the carrot, peppers, herbs and tomatoes to mixture, a little balsamic vinegar may be added to enhance the flavour.
Cook until thickened and then serve a portion with a small portion of pasta and a little green salad.
Allow surplus sauce to cool and then freeze and use appropriately
More recipes to follow.